1. Michael ______ be a policeman, for he’s much too short.
2. ______ I know your name?
3. You ______ be more careful next time.
A. have to
4. You ______ miss the lesson, though we ______ have it on Thursday.
A. mustn’t; needn’t
B. needn’t; mustn’t
C. mustn’t; mustn’t
D. needn’t; needn’t
5. This pen looks like mine, yet it isn’t. whose ______ it be?
6. What kinds of homes will we live in the future? Nobody ______ be sure, butscientists are working out new ideas now.
7. I ______ like to know where you were born.
8. ______ you be happy!
9. A teacher ______ do every exercise, but a student must.
A. may not
10. The matter ______ be changed into a gas, but it _______ be heated to its boilingpoint.
A. may; needn’t
B. may; can
C. mustn’t; needn’t
D. can; must
11. Teachers and students ______ look coldly at you for a day or two, but there arefriendly feelings in their hearts.
12. Cars and buses ______ stop when the traffic lights turn red.
13. –Do you think his story ______ true? --I don’ think so. But it sounds good.
A. must be
B. may be
C. can be
D. has to be
14. Look out! The knife is very sharp. You ______ cut your finger.
15. –How long ______ the book be kept?
--For two weeks, but you ______ return it on time.
A. can; may
B. may; need
C. can; must
D. must; need
16. – May I have an apple, Mum?
--Certainly. But you ______ wash your hands first?
17. –There is a lot of smoke coming out of the teaching building there.
--Really? It ______ be a fire, most probably.
B. ought to
18. –Shall I tell John about the bad news?
--No, you ______. I think that will make him sad.
19. –Could I call you by your first name? --Yes, you ______.
20. –Let’s go to the cinema, shall we? -- _______.
A. No, I can’t
B. Yes, I will
C. Yes, thank you
D. No, we’d better not
（ ）1. Last Sunday, I ______ a big surprise.
A. have B. has C. had
（ ）2. The tree is thirty metres _______.
A. old B. tall C. long
（ ）3. You don’t send _______ letters, So I haven’t got any stamps.
A. I B. my C. me
（ ）4. A: When is Thanksgiving? B: It’s in __________.
（ ）5. _______ to music is my hobby.
（ ）6. I’m going to _____ an email ______ my mum.
A. send, for
B. sent, to
C. send, to
（ ）7.A: Will you go shopping ____ go swimming?
B: I’ll go swimming.
A. and B. so C. or
（ ）8. I want an _____ friend.
（ ）9. Hello, I’m Tingting. I’m from China. I’m ______ Chinese.
A. a B. an C. /
（ ）10. Sh！ Tom is ________ in the room .
A. sleep B. sleeps C. sleeping
（ ）11. We should _______ homework every day.
A. do B. did C. does
（ ）12. I don’t like playing the flute. I _______ play it.
A. often B. always C. never
（ ）13. A: Let me help you. B: ________.
A. Thank you
B. No, you don’t
（ ）14. Do you want _______ to the Changjiang River?
A. go B. to go C. going
（ ）15. One of my ________ is very tall.
A. friend B. friends C. a friend
1. There are lots of ______ ______（办公大楼） and shops.
2. The Dragon Boats Festival is _______（将近）here.
3. Laura, this is Peter. ________（高兴的）to meet you.
4. My mother _____（给） a birthday present to me yesterday.
5. China is one of the 193 ______ ______（成员国）in the UN.
6. I didn’t bring any food. I _____（忘记）。
7. You can answer the question with different _____ （方法）。
8. I sometimes clean the _______（黑板）for my teachers.
（ ）1.How long is the Great Wall? A. Yes, I have.
（ ）2.Have you got a computer? B. I want to visit the Great Wall.
（ ）3.Where do you come from? C. I’m from China.
（ ）4.Do snakes love music? D. It’s about 40 thousand li long.
（ ）5.Where do you want to visit? E. No, they don’t.
A. They speak Chinese and English.
B. So interesting.
C. Is there a Chinatown near here?
D. What is the Chinatown like?
E. Is the food different from Chinese food?
B: Yes. This Chinatown is very big.
B: There are lots of Chinese shops and restaurants.
A: Do people speak Chinese in Chinatown?
B: Not just Chinese. ___________
B: Yes, they’re different.